Countdown Monday 9/12/2011 a Special Comment and old friends
Tonight on Countdown
- Tonight on Countdown: Special Comment – Major League Baseball sells out 9/11 First Responders for $36.99
- ShowPlug1: POTUS gets Jobs Bill to Congress in record time, promises taxes on rich. w/
@BrianBeutler and Jeff Madrick of @RooseveltInst
- ShowPlug2: He meant FONZI scheme! A-a-a-a-ay! Gov. Perry tap dances, flipflops, cartwheels.
@KenVogel on that & Mitt-Pawlenty Bromance
- ShowPlug3: We were better off when the NY 9th only exposed privates, not Islamophobia. Hate mailings from GOP. TPM’s
@BenjySarlin joins me
- ShowPlug4: Worsts: Gov. Haley flat-out makes up
#s to justify drug tests for unemployed + @GlennBeck pay-per-hate-tv #s augur disaster
- ShowPlugLast: And selling out 9/11 Police, Fire, First Responders to sell you more caps. A Special Comment on Baseball’s Shame.
You can read a first take of Keith’s wrath towards MLB and especially Bud Selig on Baseball Nerd “We Shall Not Forget (Provided You Pay)“.
And to clear things up, Keith tweeted:
- Re: 9/11 MLB caps: Just asked why I don’t donate proceeds from my MLB blog to 9/11 charities. Every $ from that blog has gone to charity.
Guests: Brian Beutler(TPM), Jeff Madrick(Roosevelt Institute), Kenneth Vogel(Politico), Benjy Sarlin(TPM)
Topics: Obama jobs plan & Congress, GOP candidates, NY 9th Islamophobia
- Jeff Madrick drills down the numbers of the American Jobs Act
- Worst Persons: Mitch McConnell, Nikki Haley and Glenn Beck
- Keith’s Special Comment: MLB sells out 10th Anniversary of 9/11
There are also segment transcripts which contain the related links to the story.
- Ken Vogel dissects Rick Perry’s Social Security backpedaling
- Time Marches On: Sept. 12, 2011
- Benjy Sarlin calls out GOP’s Islamophobic tactics on Bob Turner’s NY-9 campaign
- Brian Beutler on the American Jobs Act’s hefty pricetag, taxing the rich
The TMO ones include links to the shown videos.
Keith had a little free time to spend on Monday and tweeted:
“Great fun at Cantor Fitzgerald’s annual Charity Day in memory of company’s 9/11 losses including my friends Mike Tanner, Eamon McEneaney”
“I was there on behalf of the Childrens Tumor Foundation. Ran into some old friends including Marv Albert”
“Had time for a handshake with John Starks, and a joy to see one of the planet’s great humans, Dwight Gooden”
On Saturday @Lamlot tweeted:
@KeithOlbermann Thanks for the support of the Childrens Tumor Foundation, big fan of your work, keep it up and thanks again!”