Tonight, Keith will be on The Late Show again.
A Preview from CBS:
The full interview:
Keith leaves , waves
The intro music before Dave announced Keith was “Vehicle” by the Ides of March (lyrics start “Hey well, I’m the friendly stranger in the black sedan” ). And as usual Keith came in to “Bittersweet” from Big Head Todd and The Monsters.
The Late Show tweeted Friday:
- JUST ANNOUNCED:
@KeithOlbermann will join Dave on the @Late_Show on Tuesday, April 3rd to talk about his departure from Current TV.
(Keith confirmed it)
After the negative statements Current put out or fed the press, we will hear Keith’s side about the end of Countdown. But I hope he will use the opportunity to have a little fun with his friends as well.
You can watch his last visit here: Keith on Letterman (10/24/2011).
What are the chances Keith will be entering to “Bittersweet” from Big Head Todd and The Monsters?
- http://www.stream2watch.me/live-tv/cbs-live-stream (stream 4)
Keith is on his way to Letterman:
- May not mean much to you but out on walk before going to Letterman – Lex Av Hunter Coll. scaffolding down after 4 yrs
- “Here’s dumbest thing ever. Tabloid guys staking out my building to ambush me. They order food delivered, to building, in their names!”(link)
- ‘Ms. Sandoval! Lunch is at the front desk!’ So while they’re eating in their car, I leave building
The Late Show tweeted:
- Arriving at the Ed Sullivan Theatre,
@KeithOlbermann is here.
Keith is ready to tape:
- In the dressing room at
@Late_Show. Ready to go, with Dave
- Lots of fun w/the best interviewer in the business – including when it gets serious. Always an honor, David
Keith wrote an article about the late Cornell President Corson(he graduated from Cornell in 1979 with a B.S. in Communications Arts):
- My memory of how the late Cornell President Dale Corson saved us from the world’s worst airplane: http://bit.ly/H6jI2k
And a reminder that Keith is at the Paley Center in NY, on Thursday 4/5, with Dan Patrick:
Tonight on Countdown
Guests: Ryan Grim (HuffPo), Jonathan Turley, Evan Mcmorris-Santoro (Talking Points Memo), comedian Christian Finnegan
Topics: POTUS News Conference, Debt Limit, Bachmann vs Palin, animals taking back the earth
Look out for those sneaky animals. It’s just like in Cats & Dogs.
Remember tomorrow Glenn Beck will go off TV
For the Current-less:
In case you had wondered about this
an explanation tweeted by Keith:
“A gift today presented to me by our IT department (the reference is to @Late_Show Top 10 list)”
Tonight, Keith will be on The Late Show again. Not as an interviewee but reading the Top 10 List.
I will update this post afterwords. Still no word on his Conan cameo.
Here is a backstage pic (see purple tie )
Update: Letterman video.
And two new Contradictionaries are online:
The new Countdown with Keith Olbermann was a great success.
Despite some changes and minor problems the show is basically the same as on MSNBC.
And Keith will do the Top 10 list on Letterman tonight, it seems.
- no literal Countdown, stories are not presented in reverse order of importance.
- Worst Persons is now orange and white
- “Oddball” is now “Time Marches On” and without Chris Matthews’ laugh
- the intro is different (obviously)
- the show is 63 minutes every night
- The sound of Keith’s mic was too muted sometimes. The music in Worst Persons made it sometimes hard to understand him. Other times I can hear the ventilation system a bit.
- The camera work was ok but not yet as fluent and completely in sync with Keith.
- The graphics during the satellite interviews has to be a little more centered.
- Intro- and Worst Person music are the same as on old show. I like them.
- The set is gorgeous.
- Keith looked good and had a purple tie.
- Very thoughtful discussions and interesting topics with great guests.
- A good mix of politics and entertainment.
On to the Show itself.
Keith will announce more contributors next week. From this week on Keith will record in Countdown’s newsroom:
It allows for a nice backdrop and, as in this weeks Worst Persons, participation of the staff. The informal jeans are due to his still healing broken left foot in mandatory sneakers.
The transcripts are to be found directly underneath the video on the left side. You have to click on “Read Transcript” to show or hide it.
The new Word Storm is out:
Yesterday Keith was on The Late Show with David Letterman, a visit that was originally scheduled for last Wednesday.
This week, however, coincidentally was a much better choice. Not only could Keith promote his new “Countdown” show on Current TV but on monday GQ released an excerpt from the ESPN Book “Those Guys Have All The Fun” (coming out May 24).
And guess what? It’s an excerpt about Keith. What a timing! So Keith was already back in the heads of the people. However, they didn’t talk about the book but only his employment on several TV Stations, including ESPN.
Instead they focused on Keith leaving MSNBC, the Republican field of presidential candidates and of course Osama bin Laden’s death.
See MiniRtist for the video of the appearance. (If that doesn’t work try this one) Or watch a slightly longer version in two parts with Dave’s introduction.
Keith is entering to “Bittersweet” from Big Head Todd and The Monsters just like last year.
Here are some pictures from Keith himself, The Late Show and ReasonVsFear:
Keith sadly notified his fans today on twitter that his long awaited first TV appearence on David Lettermans “The Late Show” on CBS was rescheduled to next Wednesday 5/18/11.
He did not give a reason why. It would certainly give his currently broken left foot more time to heal properly.
I wish him the best and look forward to his recovery.